Last week, while we were putting Brooke to bed, the door bell rang. It was dark outside and there wasn't any way I was going to answer the door so I sent Gary. There was no one there. When he looked down, though, there was a Nativity Scene in a box. Strange right?? We took it inside and chalked it up to a neighbor wanting to leave us a surprise Christmas gift...without a note...but ok.
Two night later, another door bell ring. This time we were not home as my mother in law was watching Brooke. When I came home that night around 9:00 p.m. I noticed two glass figurines at the door step. Two sheep's and a Shepard...ok, what is going on?!?! I asked my mother in law what she thought and light bulb went off that maybe I should open up the Nativity set. Low and behold, there were no 3 Kings or Baby Jesus. When would they arrive??!!
The next evening I was resting (fighting off a nasty cold) and Brooke was playing. Bella started baking like a mad women so Gary headed to the door to 'catch' the door-bell ditch in action. When he opened the door there was a little boy with Baby Jesus. Gary thanked the little boy and looked up to see three cars and about 25-30 people standing in front of our house!! They burst into song-Silent Night-only to be followed up with a enthusiactic We Wish You A Merry Christmas. They gave Gary a bag a treats and a smile :) Gary had to ask, though, "are you from our neighborhood?" They said, "no, not really, we are from the Frontenac Ward." Well, ok. They also asked us if we knew who lived at another house down the street because they accidently got our three kings-I wonder if they are totally confused??!! Poor Gary was left alone outside for the festivies, while I was inside getting mad at him for wondering what the heck he was doing!!! What a start to a great Christmas Season! :)
1 comment:
still one of my fav stories ever!
Post a Comment