Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Big Girl

Brooke was a big girl last night. Drum roll please...she used the big girl potty!! Don't get too excited, though, I don't think that she has a clue that she actually did something of importance. See, I have started to 'encourage' the use of the potty in the morning and in the evening around bathtime. The water seems to make her want to 'go' as my bathroom floor has been used as her own personal potty many, many times. Every evening we sit on the potty as the tub fills up and we chat. Last night was no different except Brooke was PISSED at me. See, I am an evil mom and I will not let her take baby dolls that have batteries in them (makes them cry, talk, etc) in the bath with her. I know-cruel. So, as miss thang was sitting on the potty, she was also throwing a temper tantrum that baby was not taking a bath. I asked if she was finished on the potty and I assumed that she was becuase she jumped right on up. There it was in all it's glory and I was SO EXCITED!! She-on the other hand-could have cared less. Unless this potty business was going to get baby in the tub-who cares! So, unfortuently, I don't think that she has quite got the hang of it yet, but we will keep on trying!!


Additional update: Brooke had her 18 month check up last week and she is officially teeny tiny. I knew that she was small (see a few post back when she had her friend over) but it has now been confirmed. She is 30 inches tall and 22.75 pounds. She rounds out in the 25% overall (why do they even do these % things??). Small girl-Big Personality :)

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Yeah Brooke! That's funny, I was just getting ready to start a post about Lannah's potty progress. I didn't want to jinx it by putting it in writing until I knew she would continue with it. Anywho...She is officially out of diapers!
And we enjoy hanging out in the 20-25% weight class too. Someone has to round out that end of the curve, right?