Since today is President's Day, Brooke did not attend her usual Monday Kids Day Out. I stayed in (on this incredibly snowy day) with both ladies and, as usual, Brooke brought excitement to our day by mid-afternoon.
It was nap time and I left her in her to settle in for a good 1.5-2 hour nap...it was not to be. After being alone in the bedroom for maybe 30 minutes, I heard the infamous, "MOM! Mommy need you!" I have to admit, I thought it was her basic ploy to get me back there to either 1. get a cup of water or 2. simply not take her nap. I let the request go for about 5 more minutes, but when she kept calling out for me I began to think that I may actually be needed for something. When I opened the door, there she was-no pants, no diaper-just hanging out in a Notre Dame sweatshirt among 6 pairs of underwear. Well-at least she knew where to find those but DUDE your not potty trained what are you doing??
I asked, "Brooke-what is going on in here?"
To which she replied, "Mom, I peed."
Me, "In your diaper? Is that why you took it off?"
Brooke, "no-in dere" (pointing to her closet)....
I'm sorry...what?? Who pees in the closet except for overly served college aged males in the middle of the night??
Brooke, "You clean it up, ok?!"
Me, "Brooke, get back in bed-take a nap..and please do not pee in the closet anymore-we are trying to sell a house after all :)"
Don't worry, I did clean up said urine.
She is now napping and re-dressed in a diaper and WonderPet underwear over the diaper. I am really hoping that this is getting us one step closer to actually being at least interested in potty training.....
2 comments:
maybe this is her way of marking her territory before you sell the house....nice choice of underwear!
and I'm overly impressed you immediately blogged about this situation, way to be on top of things (unlike someone else. cough-Kallertown-cough)
kallertown is in the middle of a blizzard but is still facebooking....cough, cough...
Post a Comment