Sunday, June 5, 2011

18....

Guess who's almost 2??
Well...she is not quite 'almost' 2...but we are half way there.

I cannot believe that our baby is 1.5 years!

 
Caroline is full of energy. From the second she wakes up with a HUGE grin on her face...until she is put in bed...crying a bit because she doesn't want to miss out on any of the fun!

She has grown up quite a bit these days. She now has a bedtime routine of sitting in her PBK chair and picking out 2 books to read (usually the same 2 every night) before reaching for her bed and laying right down.

Caroline is also totally obsessed with hugging. She hugs everyone. She also doesn't agree that one hug is sufficient. She usually requires 3-4 consecutive hugs before she is fully satisfied. I am not sure how all of the hug receivers feel, but I am a huge fan.


She is putting up with her big sister who still wants to totally be "in charge" "the leader" and "first." I have a strong feeling that Caroline will only be putting up with this a bit longer before she takes charge-she does have quite the personality.

We are officially running. She loves to go all the way up the hill in the backyard and charge down it. Sure, she totally wipes out, but no tears from this girl! Much to my fear...she has also decided she wants to be a big girl and climb up to the top of the swing set..just like Brooke. I am on constant watch now.

Caroline is talking so much more and people other then Gary, Brooke and me can understand her! I love her little raspy voice and laugh-it's the best.

Jumping. This is her new favorite thing in the world. While she has yet to get actual 'air time' she is almost there. Just ask her to jump and she will flash that toothy smile and go to town. Dancing is also a fav and I have a feeling she will be joining big sis in class in no time. The last two weekends we have also discovered we have a fish in our family. While Brooke has always been a bit more cautious around the lake and the pool, Caroline jumps right in. Now when she sees her puddle jumper, she lunges for it. Swim lessons here we come!


Can you imagine what the next 6 months leading up to TWO will bring??
Love this sweet Caroline.


No comments: