Sunday, July 27, 2008
9 Months In & 9 Months Out
It's Official! Brooke has been 'out' longer then she was 'in!' This may seem trivial to some, but to me I feel it is quite a big deal! Those 9 months that I was pregnant with Brooke seemed to drrraaaggg by. I don't even feel like I really got to enjoy being pregnant because I was so busy counting the days to not be pregnant. I didn't even take many pictures-a handful at best-of myself while pregnant for fear of how terrible I would look. What a mistake :( I am working on making a scrapbook for Brooke right now for her first birthday and I have few pictures to prove to my daughter that I did in fact carry her for 9 whole months! It is one of those things that I have made a mental note of to change with our next child-I am going to be all about those prego pics! On the contrary, these past 9 months with Brooke have seemed to FLY by! She is getting so big so fast and each day with her has become more and more fun. Am I getting to lovey dovey?? Well, that's ok-She's fab!
This weekend was my sister Tracie 22nd Birthday. Soon she will be heading back to Dayton and we will all be sad to see her go :( By the time she comes back to visit Brooke will already be the big 1!! So crazy! We were happy to have her with us for the entire summer and we are sure that she is ready to get away from us and back to the fun of college and Tims.
So, onto the craziness that is my life. Maggie and Tracie spent the night on Saturday. Maggie was nice enough to babysit Brooke while Tracie and I went to Napoli to watch Gary play and celebrate her birthday. A good time was had by all (some more then others...) and we picked up some mcdonalds on the way home. Why??? Because we are random. After we got home and everyone was going to bed, I forgot to remind Maggie (as I always do) that the alarm is set and not to open up any doors. Well, Bella was at the door barking (as usual) to go outside. Maggie decided to be nice and let her out-don't worry, 3:00 a.m. and the alarm at the Flemings is BLARING!! This would not have been that big of a deal-Gary turned off the alarm quickly, but the alarm monitoring company was calling us, we couldn't find the house phone, my phone rang but I didn't hear it, etc., etc. So, eventually Gary had to call the alarm company from Maggie's phone only to find out that we couldn't remember the "secret word" we should have gone with 'big boy..' Eventually we provided them with enough personal information that they didn't send the police over and leave us with a huge fine for a false alarm call....I let Gary sleep in this morning...
On a final note, I went out to dinner tonight with my sisters, sister-in-law Lindsay and my LYLAS (yes, I did just bring that back) Lynn. It was a fun get-together and Thanks to my sister Amy for setting it all up. So-guess who was one of our waitressess?? HEY GIRL HEY!! Yea, serioulsy, after Tila she is working at our Cheesecake! It was PHENOMINAL!! Maggie was the one to spot this realality show celeb...we totally wanted a picture, but we were too star struck (I hope you sense the sarcasm there...) Good times.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
hey girl hey, i've decided to comment on every post you have....i will be sure to tell Tim's hello for you when I get back to the Dirty D! I'd rather go to Tim's than eat a million melons that's for sure!
LYLAS-oh wait, you ARE my sister haha (yeah, I just did that)
Post a Comment