Napping and Kelly do not go well together. I have never (in my life) been a good napper. When I was little, my mom and older sister would nap together on the couch. After they were good and asleep, I would leave them there and go play somewhere else in the house. My naps throughout adulthood have been no different-I should not even try and take them.
Today, for example, Brooke went down for her usual nap and I felt a little more tired then usual. I thought I would take a short nap on the couch. Bad idea. You see, when I take naps during the middle of the day-my body does not adjust to a napping schedule. It wants a full 6-8 hours-no exceptions. So, when the phone, dog, door, child, TV-you name it-wakes me up..it is not good. The rest of my day (and anyones I encounter for that matter) is ruined. I am not a nice person to be around (Gary will fully back me up on this). You think that kids are bad when they wake up...try a pregnant 28 year old who still needs 7 more hours of rest!! I really should just stay indoors for the rest of the day and not bother anyone else. It is not to be, though-we have errands to run and it is not going to be pretty :) Wish us luck....
No comments:
Post a Comment