I have been so, so lucky the past 28 years to have known someone so amazing as Mary Jerry Geraldine Johnson. My Grandma was one special lady and made sure that each and every one of her five children, 3 daughter-in-laws, 2 son-in-laws, 11 grand-children (plus spouses!) and 7 great-grand-children knew how 'FABULOUS' they were.
I have so many memories of my grandma-she was so involved in everything we all did. She came to every dance recital (and danced and cheered the loudest from the crowd-no exaggeration here), never missed a birthday and while most of my friends were in Cancun for Senior year Spring Break, I was in Naples FL with Gary and my Grandparents-how amazing is that?!!
She taught us to appreciate and respect all Broadway shows-although we had to wait until we were 18 before we could play them on the player piano (do you know how many bad words pop up in A Chorus Line??!!)! I owe all my show-tune knowledge to her.
All of us were her 'sugars' and knew how important all of our relationships were to her. She is ONE woman that has huge impact on my life and I will never forget all of our amazing times together.
Everytime I hear New York, New York, I will think of my Grandma Mary Jerry and know that she is dancing her heart out with many loved ones while keeping watch over us all :)
NOW I know what the best ever welcoming committee in heaven, ever assembled sings upon the arrival of a True Star! Thanks Kelly. IGYB...Fabulous! (BTW...The Sugars and Fasbulars are The Best!)
I think we all know I was never into showtunes, but seeing this one I busted out the ol' leotard and just made that happen (is it more odd that a. I have a leotard or B. it was this close to my desk to grab it...) Either way, I am a wonderful dancer, light on the toes with a touch of elegance, not to mention class, and I owe that to Grandma J....
5 comments:
tap shoes - check
top hat - check
gold lamé one piece suit - major check
fabulous post sugar :)
ohhh hunny!! that was just wonderful! just wonderful!!
ps my word verification is fasbular..kinda like fabulous
Sorry to hear about your grandma, sounds like she was lots of fun. You all are in our prayers.
NOW I know what the best ever welcoming committee in heaven, ever assembled sings upon the arrival of a True Star!
Thanks Kelly. IGYB...Fabulous!
(BTW...The Sugars and Fasbulars are The Best!)
I think we all know I was never into showtunes, but seeing this one I busted out the ol' leotard and just made that happen (is it more odd that a. I have a leotard or B. it was this close to my desk to grab it...) Either way, I am a wonderful dancer, light on the toes with a touch of elegance, not to mention class, and I owe that to Grandma J....
Post a Comment