Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Like Father, Like Daughter

I try not to call and bother Gary at work, but yesterday I made an exception. Brooke hasn't been feeling too well the last couple of days so she has been relaxing on the couch watching movies most of the day. I has asked Brooke what movie she wanted to watch and (of course) she told me that The Wiggles was her choice (yeah...lucky me..I am so much more of a Happy Feet person). I told her to put the DVD in the XBox which she has done a million times. This time, though, before she put it in, she started to breath heavily onto the back of the DVD. She then proceeded to lick the back of the movie and then rub it on her stomach. I couldn't help but laugh and she looked at me totally confused why I would find this to be amusing. This MUST have been something Gary would have taught her (or she learned from watching him). Sure enough, a phone call to Gary confirmed that he always cleans her sticky finger marks and who knows what else off of the DVD before putting them in the XBox. He thought that it was so funny that she has apparently caught on and now practices this same procedure herself...well, minus the licking. Gary informed me that he does not lick the DVD's-Brooke added that special touch in all by herself.


To explain the pictures above, I had an un-healthy obsession with Trolls as a child. My sister and I collected them-from key chain size to large (who would every purchase that) Santa Claus Troll and even a few stuffed animal ones. Brooke for one is VERY happy that I collected these and goes right for them when we go to my parents house. Gary said that I couldn't bring them home with us as he is totally disturbed by them....

6 comments:

Unknown said...

they are totally creepy....wait till she finds the Elvis one!

ksheehan said...

SICK! I didn't even know they made troll dolls that big. Only you, Kelly...only you!

Bethany said...

I was obsessed with troll dolls too!!!! I had hundreds in all sizes and I would dress them in different troll outfits and braid their hair...SICK! Glad to know I wasn't alone with this obsession, Kel :)

Elizabeth said...

This is Elizabeth. Tracie's roommate. Tracie has encouraged me to comment since you both know I stalk your blog... Here goes. I had troll earmuffs. Hot pink muffs with an orange haired troll head on each ear. So you weren't alone in your childhood. Your girls are beautiful :-)

Unknown said...

I lived with really normal people in college.

Kelly Fleming said...

Ok-totally amazing that both Bethany and Elizabeth were Troll fans...ummm Elizabeth where did you get the Troll earmuffs?? Not going to lie..jealous.

and...that Elizabeth is commenting..almost as exciting as mom :)