Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Mobile Home

I pretty sure that people think we are crazy. I mean, I guess I would too if I was on the outside looking in. I am fairly positive that my neighbors and those that drive past me on the road believe that I live in my car. Not like-oh she is always 'on the go'-living in her car, but actually LIVING in my car. Maybe it is the two children, dog, diapers and three laundry baskets that gave them this idea but I'm not sure.

Everyday I walk out of my house and add something into the car. Yesterday it was yet another laundry basket-this one full of shoes. I no longer have any shoes in the house except for what is on my feet for the day. This, you see, gives the illusion that I don't have a storage problem at my house for potential home buyers. Tricky right? Not really-just exhausting and embarrassing. Brooke believes that we lost her box of playdough...nope...just in the car. Oh and that stainless steel garbage can your admiring while sitting behind me at the stop light? No silly, not a brand new purchase from Bed, Bath and Beyond....actual.garbage. Jealous? Yeah, thought so.

The lengths that we are going to don't just stop at getting our cars to smell like a large dirty diaper on wheels (take that literally). We have stopped sleeping in our bedroom. In an effort to not lie on this blog I will rephrase-we haven't returned to sleeping in our bedroom. Initially, we had been camping it out in the family room for fear that Brooke would wake up if Caroline started crying. Caroline now sleeps through the night from 11:00 p.m. - 7:00 a.m. (yeah, she is a rock star we know). When I asked Gary if we should head back to our room he reminded me that we would then have another room to clean and bed to make every morning in case we had to show the house. Do you think that I should have taken this personally? I didn't. I admired his intelligence and 'always thinking' mentality.

I'm kind of getting over it. A new house (or old one that is new to me) is losing it's appeal as I start to not be able to fit the children into the car next to the days laundry that didn't get folded in time. 2 weeks down...???? to go....

1 comment:

Lisa said...

I totally understand. We had a storage shortage at our old house, We actually rented a storage unit for all that big baby "stuff", toys, out of season clothes, shoes, holiday decorations, etc.

...oh how I understand.