Tuesday, February 16, 2010

She totally likes me the best right?

Last night (or more early this morning) I head Brooke call for me yet again. Hoping not to find a naked child using her floor as a diaper again I went to check on her. She was waiting for me at the door and informed me that she did need to be changed. No problem. I noticed that there was a terrible stench in the room, but maybe it was just my imagination..it was very early and I was very tired.

After she was all set, she asked me to lay with her in her bed. Wanting to do anything to catch at least one more hour of sleep I agreed. I am SO glad that I laid her down before crawling into her bed myself. There in front of me was the awful stench I had smelt in the room-throw up. Lots of throw up. Thanks for mentioning that to me Brooke! Out of the bed she came and I went to get Gary for back up / clean up. Once the hero (aka Dad) came to the room it was "see you later" to mom. She gave Dad the puppy dog eyes, fake cry and instantly I was left to clean up the vomit alone. Oh-before they left me she did request that I pick the contents out of her hair-why was Mom chosen to do this again? I thought I was on comfort patrol and brought Gary in to take care of the nastiness on the bed? He even got a, "Love you Daddy." Wait-who was the one that came in the room when you called??!! Not Dad! He was fast asleep! I am simply the household, vomit cleaning slave-nothing more. That's ok, I am sure that she will do me the courtesy of giving me her 24hr bug next-it is the least she can do right :)

Urine and vomit two days in a row-can life get any better??!!

3 comments:

Lisa said...

Oh, the joys of parenthood. Good thing it is all worth it!

Hope Caroline doesn't get it...

Maggie said...

wow...are you sure mom isnt writing this post..i feel like this is totally out of her life experiences

btw my word verification is fries...i think its funny bc its a normal word just so you know

Unknown said...

all I can say is woof. major woof.

ooo, my word is 'rowbra'- kinda of like "ra ra oh lala" lady gaga style