Thursday, March 31, 2011

I thought that our bout with illness this week could be attributed to allergies and/or the common cold. That was until Miss Caroline decided to have her asthma re-enter the picture around 6:00 last night. So, off to the urgent care we went!

I happen to really like our local children's after hours care-they are close and really do a great job. We didn't have to wait long and the kids behaved-two great things.

We found out that yes, Caroline was having breathing difficulties and she also has an ear infection. We will be on breathing treatments for the next ten days...but Caroline should be looking and acting like her old self by tomorrow. Poor girl.

No pictures of Caroline today-not quite ready for the camera flash just yet.


One girl who is ready for her close up, though, is our little dancer Brooke.
Yesterday in dance class we finally got our costumes in. I am not sure if the girls were more excited or the moms. I simply cannot.wait for this recital. I am hoping that Brooke whips out her big moves on recital day...but right now we are 50/50 in class. Half of the time we are going full out...and the other half of the time we are admiring how gorgeous we look in the mirror (but, seriously, can you blame her)??

This costume may be the her all time favorite thing about dance class...tied only with the bear that came with.

Good move right?

This is the Walking on Sunshine costume (additional hairpiece still to be added).
She loves it right?


This train may never make in off the stage with Brooke as their leader...it will lead to one of those awkward laughing moments in the audience (I cannot wait).

4 comments:

Maggie said...

words cannot describe how excited I am for this recital!!!

I bet Brooke will never want to take those costumes off, I know I didn't when I was little! Mom always made me though, buzzz kill

Lisa said...

Please, please plan to post video of this recital. I want to be there!

Life with Lucy said...

She looks adorable!!! I was never a dancer but might make lucy give it a try after these pictures! Too cute!

Unknown said...

aaaammmaaazing!!! She's just like her godmother - never met a mirror she didn't like :) So sad I can't make it to the recital - please post videos/pictures/live blog from it

I'm sure it was hard to get her out of the costume. I believe I wore mine/slept in my first costume until my said she needed to "wash it" - never saw it again...