Tuesday, January 17, 2012

WTW

(What the weather)
OK. Not a huge fan of what went down last night. I mean...where is the quiet snowfalls that January should bring?!  It is not cool to turn the tornado sirens on..freak me out...get my kiddos in the basement ..only to discover we are already out of the tornado threat. At least one of the girls slept through the chaos. Caroline, on the other hand, was scared silly and could not fall back to sleep. She ended up on the floor of our room. And..just when you think its all over, your given a 5 am wake up call of hail! Perfect. I need some caffeine. I love the random warm temps but this better not mean snow for Easter.
How did your family 'weather ' the storm?

1 comment:

Mary Anne said...

Tom and I also woke up around 2:30am to the extremely strong winds, rain and small hail. Then at 5am we awoke again to very LARGE hail and for us too, the sirens went off, but it had already passed us too. I was up so much at the 2:30am storm, that when the 5am hit, I slept through most of it and Tom was up:( The next morning, he too had a much needed caffeine day!