Wednesday, January 28, 2009

A B C

This is Brooke's first poster. I am sure it will only lead to crazy boy band posters that are sure to come. After all, I totally had a Bon Jovi poster in my room-full door size and it was awesome. This poster, however, is educational and came from Aunt Maggie for Christmas. There are different alphabet squares all over the poster and you open them up to reveal all different animals that begin with that letter.


Great idea and Brooke totally loves it so I am game. However, there are a few interesting animal choices. Some of the ones that I didn't include below: Quahog, Zorilla, Viper and Tamarin. I mean whatever happened to snake, zebra, tiger, unicorn (ok-I know they aren't real..or maybe they are...but still!)? Ok, so maybe it is just that some of these letters are difficult to find an animal whose name begins with it, but Brooke is going to become a genius and I will have to start taking her to trivial nights with me!


South American Bird

Apparently a New World Monkey.

Honestly-Stinkbug was their 1st choice?? 'S' should have been an easy one. This should be self explanatory.

So we are totally moving on-no more, "Brooke, what does a dog say." We are going right into Tamarin and Warthog. We are going to blow people away at the Super Bowl with our party tricks :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We have the book that goes with this poster and I felt the EXACT same way! I mean what the hell is a zorilla?! What happened to zebra? Love to know what each of these animals sounds like- can't wait to hear Brooke's Yak!

Unknown said...

Why, a Xenop is my favorite animal! I'm so glad they included it on the poster!