
I feel like we have been hit hard this season. We have all three battled colds and the flu and this past week/weekend two of us got strep throat. Seriously. Who get's strep throat when you are not in high school and at least then (if your me) it is more dramatic and is mono. I think that when I was in high school I actually thought that it was pretty cool when I had mono. I don't know why...was it because I got to take tests at home or because I thought I maybe I would loose a few pounds.......but I digress. I got the dreaded virus last Wednesday and Gary followed by Friday night. I started feeling like myself again by Saturday, Gary was still on the mend as of this evening. Brooke (and I am currently knocking on solid, solid wood) has been an All Star and has maintained her health. I almost wish the doctor would just give her the meds as a precaution! After all, my sister, nephew, niece and mother all had strep too!! **we do things well as a family** So, this weekend was a wash and Gary and I actually had plans (with a babysitter) to do a Trivia Night with friends. I am sure they did well without us, but we were looking forward to the night. There is always next time...
By the way-has anyone out there ever watched The Wiggles?? Brooke watched the Netflix (which we are getting free through Gary's XBOX Live...for a limited time-so economic chic) video this weekend (on Nursey Rhymes) and was dancing and bobbing her head like a mad woman!! Then Tracie told me that they sing a song about fruit salad. What??? This I am going to have to hear! I can just see Gary and me exchaning our John Mayer or Coldplay concert tickets in for The Wiggles and/or WonderPets Live on Ice! Those also make for fabulous God Parent activities...
3 comments:
Wiggles live? Totally
WonderPets live? waaaayyy too creepy
i didn't think that anything could be worse (or as unsettling) as yo gabba gabba...i googled 'the wiggles fruit salad' and had to stop after about 20 seconds in. yikes! i'm glad p and f have yet to discover them...
Joe thinks it's funny that Brooke likes the Wiggles and Wonderpets since those are the 2 shows he can't stand.
By the way, Lily totally rocked the Yo Gabba Gabba shirt today!
Post a Comment