Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Back to the blog

I have been a little MIA from my blog lately and I cannot blame myself-there has been a lot going on in our little world. Friday night, we had a bit of a pregnancy scare and I ended up going to the local ER to get everything checked out. We saw the babies heartbeat and even got to see the little one moving and kicking around. We headed home with instructions to take it easy and to call our doctor on Monday. I had an appointment with my doctor this Tuesday and again we were given good news, but were scheduled to have an ultrasound done today to see what exactly was going on with me and our baby. After the ultrasound today, we were told (what I like to call) 85% good news and 15% not so good news. I have some blood around the placenta that occurs in 20% of all pregnancy's. Out of these pregnancies, 85% of women go on to have no additional problems and carry to term. 15% of these women either deliver the babies early or could have a miscarriage. I am planning to be in the 85% category :) All we can do is continue on with what we are doing-staying healthy, etc-and pray for the best. We will not turn down any additional prayers as well :)

In other news...
New Things with Brooke

-Constantly saying the word "MINE!" I cannot tell you how much I dislike this word. I don't know where she could have learned it...Jack anyone?? We had a play date just yesterday with a friends children and if they even looked at her toys, she would bust into tears! I was so embarrassed-she really needs to work on the whole sharing thing...only child much???

-She went pee pee on the potty again!! This time it was not accidental either. We were in the bathroom and she wanted to sit on her potty. All I had to do was turn on the faucet and there she went! Afterward, a piece of candy was given as a reward and dancing was had by all :)

-Telling mom to be quite by "sssshhhh'ing" me. Again-where does this come from?? I guess what I have to say is not that important, especially if something REALLY important is going on like The Wiggles or Dora.


Lastly-I find it quite amusing that I received a phone call yesterday (on my cell no less) inquiring as to whether or not I would be interested in participating in a case study about nicotine. I had to currently be a user of said product, though. Unfortunately, I had to pass. The man on the other end of the phone must have sensed my 'great' disappointment and let me know that I should not worry-there is a new study coming up that was for Twinkie lovers. Would I be interested in coming in to eat some Twinkies?? I could also invite friends-any takers?? I have to call them back early next week...how do these people find me??

1 comment:

Lisa said...

We will do some prayin' for ya. I know it can be very scary. I actually had the same thing happen when I was pregnant with Lannah.

I think Brooke is just getting ready for the new baby with the 'MINE' talk. She just wants to make sure it is clear all the toys are hers. I've got a posessive one too.