Our Labor Day weekend was pretty filled. We had a 1st Birthday Party to attend on Saturday-which was SO much fun! Elmo himself made an appearance and I think that Brooke about lost it. What a fun time!
Sunday we really didn't have anything going on and it was yet another rainy day. Gary was trying to accomplish more in the bathroom so I thought I would get Brooke out of the house so he could work. We met Uncle Joe, Aunt Mimi, Aunt Tracie, Jack & Lily at The Science Center. There currently is a special exhibit on dinosaurs that we all thought Jack would love..and hoped the girls would like to. All I can say is I am SO glad that Amy had free tickets for all of us because had I paid the $8.00 for an adult and the $6.00 for a child I wold have been mighty angry. I mean, all that it consisted of was a T-Rex fossil and coloring books-not too great if you ask me.

Brooke-future archaeologist?- searching for dinosaur bones.

We also thought it would be 'so fun' for the kids to go across the highway bridge to see all the cars going by! After all, it was one of our favorite parts of The Science Center growing up. I guess we all forgot that with the highway being closed, the bridge is just not as fun :(

Brooke still checked out the awesome pavement below...I think that Aunt Tracie was afraid to step on the
plexiglass window-I am too..

One of Brooke's favorite parts of the day-the red dots on the wall. I am not kidding when I say that 90% of all of the exhibits are under construction right now. There was not a lot to do and red dots on the wall = pretty spectacular.

Real highlight of the day?? A trip to McDonald's with the cousins. Who doesn't like chicken nuggets dipped in
carmel and apple dippers dipped in ketchup?? I think she has inherited Gary's unique food tastes.
The bathroom is still coming along-thank goodness. Gary finished laying the tile and the grout this weekend. Tomorrow he will finish up on the floor and start to put the wainscoting up. I cannot wait to have our bathroom back-pictures to come by mid-week.
3 comments:
nice action shot of brooke on the bridge, and im not afraid to walk on the plexiglass...i even jumped on them....i live life on the edge
woah, you obviously did not take a group shot of us on the plexiglass- I have no fear! Too bad it was not as suspenseful due to the lack of cars on the shut-down highway- major downer
Those red dots do look like lots of fun. We also get very excited about the big red balls outside the target we go to. It's the little things in life.
What is it about McDonnalds that kids LOVE. The only thing Lannah eats from there is fries but she LOVES the place.
Post a Comment