The last two years, my sister and I have made ginger snap cookies. It has kind of become my 'thing' every year at Christmas time. This year, my baking has changed a bit. Today I decided to make nursing cookies. Yep-you read that right. Now, before you get all disgusted and think that I have gone over the deep end and am baking with breast milk-not to fear. There is no milk in the recipe at all :) As I was doing my daily searching of blogs, I came across one that offered up a recipe to increase ones supply. Well, if you read my last post, I have a little one that really needs to be packing on the pounds so...supply I will increase! The cookies are essentially chocolate chip, oatmeal cookies and really are good-they just have two ingredients that are believed to help nursing moms (oats and brewers yeast). They are also really good for you too with flaxseed and other nutrient rich ingredients. And-no, they will not make you start producing milk if your not a nursing mom.....I had Gary and Brooke try them tonight and I got positive feedback. So, if you want a new recipe and has 'added benefits' as well, let me know-I have about 60 cookies and would be willing to share!
1 comment:
no ginger snaps this year? waa waa - it must be because I'm not in town until right before Christmas :)
not gonna lie, I was a bit creeped out when I first read the post about the name of the cookie!
Post a Comment