We brought Caroline back to the doctors this past Friday. I feel like we spend more time there then anywhere else! I was nervous to put her back on the scale for fear she still wouldn't have gained enough weight. Well, she proved to us that she can pack on the pounds..and quickly! She had been 6 lbs 9 oz on Monday and Friday she hit the scales at 7 lbs even! The bottles that we have been making for her are working! It is a little bit more work for mom, but she is totally worth it :)
I always think that it is hard in the beginning. You really cannot go anywhere (especially in this weather) and all that the baby wants to do is sleep, eat and poop. Not all too exciting right?? They are beautiful to look at and I love to snuggle with them, but my favorite is when they begin to be more alert and lift their heads, etc. Today, Caroline already started to lift of her head (when laying on your chest or shoulder) and stayed up way longer this afternoon than she has the past two weeks. I love it. I cannot wait until she starts to become a bit more playfull. I know Brooke will LOVE playing with her-she is already trying.
Speaking of Brooke..she has a few new favorites as well. She recently discovered the musical Annie. She cannot get enough. Anytime I ask her if she would like to watch a show, Annie is what she requests. I am trying out The Sound of Music next-a huge favorite of mine. Gary is not really a fan of musicals, but my family LOVES them-she fits in perfect :)
1 comment:
Yay for Caroline! I can't WAIT to meet her FINALLY in a few days (can you tell I've been dying to meet her!?!?)
So pumped for Brooke's love for Annie and potentialy Sound of Music - Brooke did learn some fab dance moves from me last time I was in town, we can totally continue lesson over Christmas :)
Post a Comment