Sometimes as moms, I think that we beat ourselves up about not being the 'best' mom that we can be. Maybe we got frustrated when the little one spilt their milk. Maybe it was a bed time that took over an hour. Perhaps it was grabbing that much desired babysitter for the evening out, only to not be on our 'A' game the next day-
one (ok...two...maybe...three) glasses of wine makes going to the park a bit exhausting sounding the next day. Whatever the reason, I think that we guilt trip ourselves into thinking that there is a better-more superior-mom that our kids would prefer to have as their #1 gal.
Then it clicks.
There is no 'perfect' mom. We just do the best that we can...day in, day out...tired or not...loving our kids knowing that they love us too..just.as.we.are.
My moment today? Bedtime. Conversation went as follows.
Me: Ok Brooke, time for bed...do not get out of bed as soon as I leave all right?
Brooke: Ok. Wait-lay with me just one second mom.
I lay with her...for just one second :)Brooke: I love you mom. And I love our dad (our dad??!). And I really love Caroline.
Me: Thanks Brooke. I love you too :)
Brooke: Ok-you can go now. Night.
(only biking for a moment...we having gotten our matching princess bike helmet yet)
Just thrilled to be on a walk and that mom didn't put my hair in a ponytail again

Loving bath time-cries when it is time to get out :)

That's an "I love you" face is it not??
Or maybe she has soap in her eyes..not sure
1 comment:
well i think your a wonderful mom kel!!
and dont worry, she wont ever stop asking you to lay with her for a second..not that i know from experience or anything :)
Post a Comment