Monday, November 1, 2010

Love P90X --------- Hate P90X

So, I have a complex relationship with this workout plan.

I don't like how I feel right before I have to do my DVD of the day.

I do like how I feel after I have completed said DVD.

I don't like that the scale doesn't reflect the 5 weeks of work I have put in.

I do like that my clothes feel looser then they did 5 weeks ago.

I still don't like that red wine isn't on the P90X diet plan.

I still like red wine.

I get tired thinking of how many weeks/days are left in the program.

I am happy knowing that I have completed all of the weeks/days so far in the program.

I will keep doing P90.

I will not tell you how much weight I have lost b/c it is not impressive.

I wish I had taken measurements :)

Till next week :)

1 comment:

Amanda C said...

KNOW HOW YOU FEEL! I did my first round of the "X" from June - September 2009, and I have a few things to note/tips to share:

It's not too late to take measurements/pictures! You probably already know what the scale said on Day 1, but that is literally the WORST stat to use when measuring progress/success in this program. Since it's not just a weight loss program - but a fitness program - you are building muscle (which is more dense) at the same time as you are losing fat (less dense). My pics and measurements ended up being way more impressive than the number on the scale on Day 90.

Since you are not sharing your stats, I'll share mine as an inspiration to you or others who read your blog =) Over the course of 90 days, I actually GAINED 5 lbs, but lost over 10 inches (5 around my waist) and went from doing (barely) 1 pull-up to 11 (without a chair)!

Glad your clothes are fitting better- but I do encourage you to take those pics - seriously... sports bra and shorts. And no sucking in! You'll LOVE having those photos as evidence of how far you've come at the end of the 90 days!

Keep pushing play! It's a tough program, but what better thing could you be doing for yourself/your kids/your hubby =)

Props to you, Kelly! Casey and I have done 3 rounds together before we started mixing in some Insanity workouts with it as well - It's fun seeing someone else go through the program. Love the updates!