One of the things that I really liked when we bought our new house was the kitchen. It had recently been remodeled and needed nothing done to it. This was especially nice coming from our old kitchen that was no where near being up to date.
When move in date came the current owner stopped by the house to get her mail (although I secretly think that she was checking us out). She chatted with me for a bit and specifically mentioned that she hoped I was take care of her baby (aka. her kitchen). She was going to miss it, she said, but hoped she was leaving it in good hands.
Flash forward to this weekend.
Brooke & Caroline like to play a little game called lets chase each other as fast as we can through the kitchen, dinning room and living room. During this session, Brooke thought it would be fun to add a little something to the game-specifically an open cabinet door. As she rounded the corner and bolted through the kitchen...she took the cabinet out with her.
| Poor Caroline. Always the helper. Couldn't fix this one. |
Yeah, she spliced that baby right in two. Un-fixable.
To the Home Depot we went. This couldn't be hard. We just have to buy a new door right?? After 30 minutes we realized that they didn't have a match. I searched every drawer and cabinet for a model, name, anything so that we could fix our ghetto cabinet-no luck.
It was then that we remembered that we still had the former owners phone number. I decided I would giver her a call and just ask them where they bought the cabinets. She answered and I'm sure was totally weirded out that I still had her phone number and was seriously calling her. Oh well, I have no shame. I proceeded to ask the burning question-where did she buy her babies and where can I get a new door.
She was stunned. She kept questioning me, "Did she really break one of her cabinets?" "Was it totally broken?" "Which one was it?"
Dude, you haven't lived here in a year.
I thought that I had attachment issues....
She let me know where they bought them and that they were "VERY expensive."
(Insert me feeling like she was trying to impress me on cabinets that are currently in my kitchen..awkward)
Hope there not too $$$ or we may be living with a one door cabinet for quite sometime.
As a side-note, I also asked former owner where they purchased their hardwood floors. I was not surprised when she informed me that they too were VERY expensive-$8.00 a square foot. I decided to be the bigger person and not tell her that we found the same ones at H. Depot for under $2.00.
1 comment:
girl doesnt know her own strength!
and i say poo poo to you old owner...you're not as great as u think! just saying hah!
Post a Comment