Whew.
Easter weekend came and went - and it was EVENTFUL...to say the least.
Let me begin by saying that Gary was out of town from Friday a.m. until Sunday p.m. He was on a bachelor party. I know what your thinking-who plans a bachelor party on Easter weekend?? I thought the same thing when he told me the dates. This, of course, was after he had already booked his flight...and hotel. Of course I had asked him prior to booking to check the family calender to make sure the weekend he wanted to go out of town was 'event free.' He said that he checked...but apparently those pre-printed annual holidays are hard to see on calendars. I will highlight in future years. Since I have known about this mis-scheduling for a few months now, by the time Easter weekend came...I had gotten over the fact that he wouldn't be in town (and that he would be making it up to me for a while).
I am VERY lucky that both of my sisters were in town from Ohio for the holiday and were able to help me out a TON. Either one or both of them stayed with me all weekend and it was an enormous help. Brooke & Caroline were a little disappointed when they both didn't spend the night last night :)
We kicked off Friday with a super cousin play date. Amy & Joe were headed out for a much needed night on the town. Tracie, Maggie and I volunteered to have Jack and Lil's over to play with my girls. We had a great time making homemade pizzas and playing dress up....until around 7:30 (or so) rolled around.
The mid west has been experiencing some pretty crazy weather and Friday night was no exception. Does anyone else find Tornado watches and warnings WAY more scary when you don't live with your parents anymore and YOU are the parents?? Well...I do. Luckily, after an hour in the basement, we knew that we were out of harms way. Especially with Aunt Maggie protecting us.
We didn't quite realize the severity of the storm until we watched the constant news that followed. The airport was hit and two of my family members homes were barely spared. Their neighbors homes were completely leveled! Gary's grandma was also blessed and only lost electricity for a few days while streets over from her were hit hard. We feel very, very lucky.
The night continued with a little Tangled (currently my favorite movie) and kids staying up WAY too late. Needless to say...the three adults were exhausted but needed to get our beauty rest for Jacks rockin dino party the next day!
1 comment:
mother knows best....
you're totally right about not having mom and dad to help calm your nerves during storms! at least we had Maggie to protect us
Post a Comment