Today, while running some errands at Home Goods, Brooke was checking out the bathroom accessories. When it was time to go, I asked her to put away the lovely bathroom glass she was holding. She listed, and put it away. Since I hadn't found anything we needed, we headed out of the store. As I put the cart away, I noticed Brooke was being pretty mysterious with her hands behind her back. It was only when she turned around that I saw she had swiped yet another fancy bathroom glass on her way out. Yep, Brooke totally stole. I mean, don't most kids take candy bars from the grocery store? Who takes bathroom accessories??!! So, back into Home Goods we went. I marched her right up to the checkout where she was going to return the merchandise and apologize. Of course, she tried to get out of it...promising that she would "put it back right now!" Nope-sorry friend. Only way to learn is to really make a memory out of it ok?? With half of her body hidden behind my leg, she returned the glass to the employee and apologized. Promised she would never do it again. Luckily, they were very understanding.
I think that my red faced apologized enough for us both.
2 comments:
clearly this was her first time...sloppy work Brooke...
I am having horrible flashbacks of stealing gum from the Glendale Schnucks & having to go back and apologize. Still torments me to this day.
Post a Comment