
So we have decided to take a que from others in our lives that are trying to save money in this economy and we are cutting back. Previously, cutting back meant not going out to dinner, switching from my canned Diet Pepsi to a 2 liter of Diet Pepsi and not buying the named brand items from the store but knowing that the Target brand dish washer detergent was going to do just fine. This round, we are getting more serious-today I got rid of caller id (feel free to prank call me now, I will have no idea) as well as cable. Can you believe it? Brooke and I are dropping the cable boxes off at Charter today-and right before the digital transition-we live on the edge. Good thing Brooke has a techy Dad who knows how to make an antenna at home out of some wire in the basement (who knows how to do that??). We are strictly on an ABC, NBC, CBS and PBS plan and I think that we are going to be ok. Oh-and no DVR...will it be The Bachelor or Hereos?? I think that we all know the answer here....I think that I have grown up thinking that cable was a utility-not a luxery. Thanks mom & dad-just kidding. It is time to start doing other things with our time and get ready to have a lot more blogs coming at you :) Now, lets get the warm weather to come so that we can get outside!
2 comments:
LOVE LOVE LOVE IT! We too got rid of cable and I have to say it has been wonderful! I don't miss it a bit!
without cable how can we our fav show that asks the questions, "are you bored?"
would gary like to drive to Ohio and do the same for my new apartment? Please and thank you. See you THIS weekend!!!
Post a Comment