Monday, February 23, 2009

My daughter has never been one for sleeping. Just like me, she likes to stay up later and will still get up on the early side in the morning. Maybe she thinks that she is missing out on something if she goes to sleep or maybe she just has her dad and me wrapped around her darling little finger :) Either way, no one in our house has gotten a solid nights sleep in the last 16 months. Brooke goes to sleep like a champ every day at nap time. She also gets into her crib wide eyed every night just about 8:00. Brooke can fall asleep on her own in a good 10 minutes-not a problem. Like clockwork, though, between the hours of 10:00 and 11:00 she wakes up and she wants OUT! Brooke knows what she wants and that is to lay with mom and dad and perhaps have a glass of water. After accomplishing this goal she is sound asleep until the next morning...with mom and dad.

Although we love our cuddle gal, we also need some rest. That is why Brooke and I met with a sleep specialist today-yes, they have those :) After talking with our specialist for a little over an hour, I was handed a 'plan of action' that we will start tonight. I have never been one who likes to hear Brooke cry. I was never able to follow the 'cry it out' method. What I like about this plan is that it offers reassurance to the child while still standing your ground that she needs to sleep in her bed. Without going into too many details (as I do not aim to bore you all to death) we are hoping that miss Brooke will be snoozing the night away in her bed within a week. Wish us luck?!?!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

wow, just reading that entry would make Brooke sleep through then night...haha just kidding

How was night one, success? Also, no pics showing UD pride? ouch