Tuesday, March 17, 2009

St. Pat's Day

Happy St. Patrick's Day! How many adult men did you see wearing kilts today? Brooke and I saw only one (how disappointing!). While driving around town today we saw a man in a kilt with a green hat attempting to have passerby apply to live in an apartment complex. Seriously-who thought of that advertising technique?? Do the owners think that I will make a sharp turn and rent there? By the looks of it their social life must be amazing! (Side note: If you have ever looked into renting an apartment, why do they always talk about their "social life" there? Do a lot of people rent apartments in the hope of meeting the love of their life or their new best friend?? I find it so odd....). I hope that we see the Easter Bunny there next month :)

We also wore no green today. In fact, Brooke wore orange. When we stopped by my work, my co-workers were shocked that I had not purchased some green attire for Brooke and that I would put her in orange on St. Pats! Apparently that is the worst color to wear today. Apparently some people started to wear orange on St. Patrick's to demonstrate their defiance (Google it). I hoped we don't get jumped at Target or something...maybe we will stay home for the remainder of the day.

3 comments:

tom johnson said...

so somebody named Kelly Christine, who's paternal grandmother is a Maguire, and great-grandparents are McMahon doesn't get into the Irish/St. Patricks Green Machine? If not you, who? If not Brooke, well, I guess it will never happen. She looks great in EVERYTHING!

Unknown said...

woah-you just got TOLD by Tom Johnson

Kelly Fleming said...

I cannot believe that "THE" Tom Johnson commented on my little ole blog! I am so excited!!! I think that someone (i.e. g&g Johnson) need to buy us both some green t-shirts....maybe from a Notre Dame trips?? Thoughts??