Today was ultrasound day. I was looking forward to seeing what was going on up on the big screen. As expected, my friend the blood clot was still there. I was hoping that it would be the same size or smaller then our last appointment two weeks ago and it did measure the same size! Yes, a part of me was really hoping that it would have been smaller, but I am not going to complain. It could have grown, but it didn't-very good news. The baby-on the other hand-has grown (along with everything else)!! The little one measured right on target for our dates (16 weeks today) and my doctor was very pleased. Overall it was a good appointment and we will go back in two weeks to check in on the size of the blood clot and (again) will be praying that it is the same size or smaller. We go back (again) two weeks after that for the BIG u/s (at 20 weeks) and follow up on the blood clot again. So, I will remain on moderate bed rest for at least the next two weeks and maybe longer, but we are going to take it day-by-day. Maybe Gary will get some huge promotion and I will just stay home all the time :) Maybe not.....
Ok-not the best quality pictures, but I don't have a scanner at home that is easily accessible, so I had to take a picture of the picture. Seriously, though, what a difference two weeks makes!
One additional discovery at the ultrasound was whether Brooke was going to have a baby brother or a baby sister. Well, 60% of you were correct...Brooke will have a little sister this December! We are very excited and obviously would have been thrilled with a boy or a girl, but I think that Brooke will be pretty pumped to have a little sister to boss around :)
Thanks for all of your thoughts and prayers-keep them coming :)
5 comments:
Yey! So exciting!! Also, so very great that the clot is staying the same size - much better than the alternative of getting bigger!
A little Sister - how exciting! They will be best friends. Glad to hear the clot didn't get bigger. Congratulations!!!
Oh how sweet! Brooke will probably warm up better to a sister rather then brother. Praying the clot will just dissolve and go away. Praying for a happy healthy baby...she has grown in a couple of weeks!
uhhh, baby ticker still creeps me out...
ahaa ill say more, im soo excited for you and gary and brooke,yay for little girls and hand me downs!
Post a Comment