So, Gary told me that I needed to remove myself from the Internet and from searching for WAY too much information on blood clots and pick up a hobby. If I am going to be sitting around for who knows how long, he thinks that I need to make better use of my time..and I am not going to say that I totally disagree with him. While I didn't find anything to occupy my time with just yet (Gary's only suggestion was learning how to knit like the lady who sat next to us at our last u/s appointment), I did watch a few movies this weekend instead of Googling.
The first one that I watched was He's Just Not That Into You. I have to say, I didn't have huge expectations, but it was really good! Obviously it is a total 'chick flick' but it had some good laughs and some moments that I think every girl can relate to-I say go out and rent it (or Netflix/XBox it like we do). The second movie...NOT so good. In fact, I think that I will go as far as to say terrible. Maybe I was not in a "I want to think about it" mood, but I totally dis-liked The Reader. I honestly love Kate Winslet and am looking forward to seeing Revolutionary Road, but the Reader-a no for me. It was all over the place...I am sitting still can cannot keep up!! The third movie I watched (this time with Gary) was Gran Torino-Huge thumbs up. He had some funny/light moments and ends with a really good message. We both would reccomend.
One of the worst things about being on bed rest is not having cable. We cancelled cable awhile back and I cannot say that I have really missed it..until now. Most of the shows that I want to watch at night are on local stations or I can watch online. However, when you have nada to do at night and it is the lovely summer line up of Who wants to be on a Japanese Game Show and Wipeout the option of watching TLC and/or Bravo seems like such a luxury.
I have rented a few TV series from Netflix that Gary and I are going to watch-these include Nip/Tuck and Dexter. I am hoping that these shows will get us through the summer and into the Fall TV Lineup. I think that I have offically made it clear to everyone that Gary and I are total losers and do nothing at night except sit and watch a movie or a tv show...maybe we should knit...or make that paper chain....
I am thinking that I need to make a list and send Gary to the library. Anyone have any good book suggestions? I will also take movie and hobby suggestions..please don't hesitate.
5 comments:
get some seasons of Weeds- Season 4 just came out
or.....make me a card with glitter on it and mail it to me! :)
I'll think of some good summer books too
I want to learn to knit, so don't knock it! I have "he's just not that into you" now - going to watch it tomorrow. Joe didn't like The Reader but did like Gran Torino.
Wade and I watch Nip/Tuck too and every year it gets weirder and weirder and yet we still watch it. I didn't think any normal people watched it...glad to hear we are not alone.
You may have already read it but I just finished "My Sisters Keeper" and it was a GREAT book. If you haven't read it and would like to let me know and I will send it with Cathy and I am sure she could get it to you.
As for a hobby, how about scrapbooking. I know I am so behind on putting the kids' pictures together in albums but I love doing it. And I KNOW you have lots of pictures. I don't know how to knit but I do know how to crochet - you could totally do that.
I agree with Lisa, try scrap booking. Doesn't take a lot of movement which is good for your situation...but you don't just have to do pictures in an album. Do you have a family/friend birthday coming up...why not get a 99 cent bag from WalMart and jazz it up with a bit of scrap booking paper, punches, ribbon, etc. Creative Memories has easy picfolio books that you can buy that are minimal fuss to put together. Or you can get adventurous and get a blank 12x12 size book and go hog wild. Creative Memories has the best albums by far. Their design punches are far superior then those you can get at WalMart or Hobby Lobby. But you can buy some really cool looking papers at JoAnn Fabrics, Hobby Lobby, Tuesday Morning, etc. You can use scrap booking materials to make your own wall art....buy cheap frames at Tuesday Morning and go to town. Give it a whirl! If you need a Creative Memories consultant I can hook you up...nope not me but a good friend of mine. You can order off her website and have the stuff shipped direct to you. Hugs, praying for you and the family!
Heather Armstrong (of dooce.com) just came out with a book called "It Sucked and Then I Cried: How I Had a Baby, a Breakdown, and a Much Needed Margarita"- it is HYSTERICAL! It will make you feel much better about your situation...
Post a Comment