Friday, August 28, 2009

Root Canal & Home Improvements

As if being pregnant and all that comes along with it was not enough...I have to get a root canal today. Yes, a ROOT CANAL. I am super pumped (sense large level of sarcasm). I have never had to have one of these done and I am a bit nervous. My doctor gave the OK and said it was all right to have done while pregnant-as long as your in your second trimester. So-off I will go to my 8:00 a.m. appointment, hoping for the best but totally fearing the worst. I mean, I am totally OK with epidurals and injecting myself twice daily with Heparin...but a shot in the mouth?? Makes my eyes water every time.

In other news, in preparation of Brooke's 2nd Birthday we are trying to get some areas of the house updated. Included in this venture are the family room (mantel, curtains), living room (new table...or should I say just table since there hasn't been one there for over a year now), Brooke's new bed room (paint, bed, curtains, rug, etc..) and bathroom (new floor, vanity, mirror, wainscoting, etc..). We are looking forward to a very busy (and $$$) September. If there are any volunteers out there that would like to help with the madness (aka TJ) please don't hesitate :) I am hoping that by birthday party day, things will be looking good around here!! I will try to post before and after pics-always makes a big difference.

Now, if I could just win the lottery so we could update the kitchen we would be in good shape.

Off to the root canal...

3 comments:

tom johnson said...

Hope the RC went ok...and I'm sure Tj will help...I think she's coming in for Labor day next week :-)...and this TJ would be happy to help as well. Love ya

Maggie said...

oohh waaahh wwaahhh..hope everything went alright, call me later if you can!!

isn't dad sooo whitty! HAHA

Unknown said...

woah! being volunteered by the Big TJ. That's a bold move, Dad. Especially because we're not even on the "list" for the Lake and Labor Day.

But, I am quite the handy-womwan these days....hope you're feeling better after the RC