Sunday, August 30, 2009

Busy, busy, busy

We finally got around to starting on the bathroom project this weekend. Please excuse the terrible quality of the pictures. I was just informed by Gary that the camera has these quality settings that you can change. He had set up the camera to take the lowest quality pictures for some items he was listing on Craig's list. I guess I was supposed to know to check this special setting when using the camera-who knew! So, lately my picture taking has been less then stellar. Oh well, I am way to lazy to re-take them...

We had already re-painted the bathroom to a light green color. Today's plan was to get the vanity, toilet, mirror and floor out-demo day if you will. Gary was also going to try and start to tile the floor, but we will see how time goes.

Ugly vanity and ugly place where mirror was. We will be putting in a new vanity and new mirror (yet to be found...any good suggestions on where to purchase with a good deal $$ are appreciated).

VERY ugly floor. Well, the top floor layer was actually nice. My mother in law was SO nice and did this project for us when we first moved in. A HUGE improvement to the 'gorgeous' yellow tiles! This will all be redone, though, and have new (more neutral) tiles over them.

It is hard to make out in this picture, but these are the beautiful yellow accent tiles that line the wall. These will be covered in wainscoting (sp??) when we are finished.

I am SO ready to have a new and improved bathroom. I will update with more pictures as the project progresses.

Stay tuned...Next up-Brooke's new room.

No comments: