Yesterday was my first day back to work. It has been 8 weeks already-8 WEEKS-can you believe it!! When I had Brooke, I took off five weeks. FIVE WEEKS! What was I thinking?? Caroline still seems so small and I don't know what I would do if I had to take her to daycare. I couldn't do it. We are so lucky. Only one day a week do we have to take Caroline anywhere but our home. She will go to her grandma Mary Anne's while Brooke goes to her pre-school. The other days, either Gary or I are home with the girls. Not many people can have this kind of flexible schedule so I cannot complain. It is still hard to leave both of them, though. For as much as I have complained or felt closed-in while being home these last 2 months, it has also been nice to be with them both.
When I got home yesterday I was so excited to see them both. Brooke could have cared less to see me...she was busy watching The Wiggles and singing Fruit Salad (while dancing of course). When I picked up Caroline, though, from her dad I was greeted with a HUGE smile! She recognized me..or my voice at least! It is a great feeling-a big gummy smile at the end of a long day :) I am sure it will get easier as the days go by and maybe one day I can stay home with them more, but right now we feel lucky to have the schedule that we do and if I can get those smiles everyday I will be just fine.
No comments:
Post a Comment