Caroline is a total spitter. Brooke used to spit up on occasion, but never on a regular basis. Caroline spits while she eats, after she eats and sometimes even 45 minutes after she eats. She is a secret spitter and doesn't cry or make noise when it is going to happen. Usually I will just glance down while holding her and find massive amounts of formula all over my clothes. I am quiet positive that I have gone out in public with hidden throw up all over me. I don't care. I think that when you have kids somethings just get thrown out the window. Humility tends to be one of those things for me.
I think that my pediatrician is totally sick of me. I like to call him. You would think that I am a first time mom with some of my questions, but again one of those things I just don't care about. So what if I am the annoying mom they talk (or laugh) about when they get off the phone!! I called him today about the spit up. To be fair, my niece and nephew both had bad reflux and had to be on medication. I was afraid this may be the case. Could it be her formula?? I didn't know. He again reassured me that it was nothing to worry about. If she appeared to be in pain, they could treat that. Otherwise, it is more of a laundry issue. Apparently there is no medication to assist with the increased amount of laundry.
So, we are keeping her upright 30 minutes after a feeding. We are stirring her formula vs. the instructions to shake. We are making sure that it is warmed up to room temperature-Caroline's preference-and we are burping quite often. It seems to be working, though. After her last meal she was quite content and no spitting! We will see if she can keep this up.
1 comment:
ooorrr maybe she just wants to be like her aunt maggie when she was a baby...i turned out fine!!
you cant help who they want to be like!
Post a Comment