Thursday, June 3, 2010

Door Bell Ditched

Who-seriously-door bell ditches? I mean, how is that entertaining? Let's see...so you ring someones door bell, run away, they answer...no one is there and laughter ensues?? Not sure that I get it.

All I know is that I did get door bell ditched this week and it Pissed.Me.Off. You know what is really 'un-funny' about this past time? Having a five month old that is teething (insert screaming, tears and only wanting to be held) and a two year old that is fascinated with answering the door no matter who it could possibly be.

After I had gotten up not one, but two times in a matter of 20 minutes to answer the door to no one I decided to hide next to my front door with Caroline and wait for the punks to return. What was I going to do you ask? Give them a piece of my mind....AND...tell their parents b/c now that I live in suburbia I am totally going to act like one of 'those' moms (aka. just like Etta J).


So, who were the culprits you ask?? That is yet to be confirmed, but I do have my suspicions. As I was portraying my best Benson/Stabler stakeout, I realized that there were two Tweens hanging out directly across the street from my house. See, I live across from the neighborhood pool and tennis courts. Apparently, that is where kids-young and in love-like to hang out, make out, and door bell ditch. I cannot be positive as I have no evidence. But, as I moved outside to sit on my front porch to stare them down...they did look at me with a little fear (at least I thought they did). All I'm saying is that after sitting outside for a good ten minutes there was no more ringing of the door bell. Me intimidating?? Maybe.


Don't Mess.

UPDATE: I was wrong. Difficult to admit, but the truth. It was not the make-out Tweens. We got ditched again and they were not in the vicinity. So, now they think that I am a totally creepy neighbor who likes to watch young ins make-out. Lovely.

UPDATE #2: Yet again the ditcher graces us with his presence. Now I am just super annoyed. This ditching session occurred during a cry fit where Brooke proceeded to tell me that it had to be a monster doing this. After staking out the scene for a good ten minutes, I determined that it was the 4th grader two houses down. It was the only garage open and I had seen him running in close range to our front door on multiple occasions....now to catch him in the act...

UPDATE #3: So I went all 'suburban mom' and chatted with a local neighbor last night about my doorbell dilemma. Turns out, I was totally right. I guess this is some game that has been going on for awhile now and we are not the only targets. Sometimes it escalates to throwing fruit, though. If that is the case, we may have a problem :) The story is that this tween thinks it is pretty funny and does not do it to cause harm. He thinks that it gives people a pretty good laugh. I just don't think it is funny to a mom that has two under three and is constantly running back and forth to the door....always at dinner/nap/bath time. They are going to let him know my house is off-limits.

First Suburban Situations = Solved...unless there is fruit :)

5 comments:

Marci said...

You need to stake out upstairs in a window and soak them with a bucket of water - get Brooke involved she'll thinks it's a fun game!

Unknown said...

I say you totally Sharon Osborne them and throw ham if they throw fruit.

I like Marci's suggestion too

easier said that done since I live out of state and cannot be blamed for anything - but I got your back, Fleming fam!

Megan and Chris said...

Suburbia has gone & made you crazy. But I would do the same thing. I think you should put super glue on the doorbell, do when the little sh•t comes up next time he will forever be stuck on your doorstep! Do it do it do it!

ksheehan said...

Watch Home Alone - that will give you some great ideas.

Bethany said...

Please do one of the above - and make sure there is a video camera involved, simply to entertain all of us! I love suburbia Kelly! :)