Friday, June 4, 2010

Hand Me Downs

I love re-sale shops.

Garage sales are my friends.

This week, I found some great buys at the local Once Upon a Child and my kids thought is was Christmas! Why buy retail again?

Purchase #1: New Exersaucer

Caroline litteraly wore the first one out. She some how managed to pull out one of the arms and is is no longer enjoyable for her. A new one of these babies will set you back $70-$80...not in this household...$35.00 and proud!
Purchase #2: Disney Princess Bike

Brooke has been asking for a bike ever since we moved into the new house. All of the other kids have bikes (and helmets..she is asking for one of those too) and she always wants to go ride with them. I scored one of these at the resale shop for $18.00!! New Princess bike..around $75.00...Yeah for ME!



Onto HUGE score session Numero Duo

I was chatting it up with my neighborhood mom friend telling her that I was planning on going to our parish's humongous garage sale this weekend. You see, I have gone to this garage sale for the last few years with my mom and sister and.it.rocks. My new gal-pal said she was actually giving some of her kids old toys to the sale and I could have some things if I'd like....like??? How about L.O.V.E
Item #1: Eric Carle "Polar Bear, Polar Bear" stacking blocks.

While this may mean nothing to some of you, it just so happens to be Brooke's favorite author (and book) made into blocks. Let's just say she was so thrilled.



Item #2: Soft Shapes Book

We actually do not have any of these books and Caroline took an immediate liking to them! She was pulling out the different pictures, fascinated by the colors-totally enamored.






Item #3: Rody

Have any of you ever checked these babies out? One of our friends has a couple of these and Brooke always LOVED them. I priced them out a the store and they were a bit steep for my wallet at around $50.00 or so....our purchase price...$0.00 Our neighbor was generous enough to let Brooke have their Rody since the no longer use it! Her face lit up and Rody has slept in her room (on the floor at least) for the last two nights :)


Item #4: Floppy Seat Cover


Other great hand me down from my neighbor! You would think that I would have had one of these with Brooke, but I didn't and had never gotten around to getting one with Caroline. I am actually looking forward to our next grocery store trip to try it out! Weird right??




Item #4: Block Sorter

Again, kind of a standard in the toy department, but one that we never had with Brooke. Although Brooke is now a bit too old for this toy, she was still pumped that we had something new and interesting in the house. Caroline loves to chew on the shapes and I know she will grow into it.


What an amazing neighbor right??

So, here is the question for you readers-how does one thank such a generous and thoughtful neighbor? I want to give something back, but not sure what. I am sure she doesn't want too many things around her house-she was donating to the garage sale after all!! I was thinking baked goods...I am now the proud creator of a mean cherry pie....what do you think??

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

we have the same princess bike...not the same price tag. jealous.

Life with Lucy said...

Baking for sure! My neighbors are having a garage sale as we speak and I just got an amazing jogging stroller for $40. It sure is funny the things we get excited about now, isn't it?

Lisa said...

We have that princess bike too! Thank you very much garage sale. One of Lannah's neighborhood friends has a bike with a bell on it so Lannah had to add a horn to hers. Advice - avoid bells and horns if you can, soooo annoying and loud!

Would totally make her a pie.

Maggie said...

i think you should make her a pie also...and while your at it make me one too since im babysitting tonight, just a thought

Lisa said...

Mmm...Pie...