I cannot tell you how happy I am that I we listened to the advice of friends (you know who you are!) and jumped into this world of potty training. I was so scared that it wouldn't work or it would be too hard. I was afraid we were in for TONS of accidents...and I have enough stains from Caroline to keep my carpet cleaner busy for a long time.
I was wrong.
Our friends were right.
There were a couple of hard days with some accidents. But, those accidents...there were about four. Then, it was as if it clicked. She totally 'got it.' The next thing I knew Brooke would stop what she was doing and head to the bathroom. A few minutes later, she would come out SO PROUD of herself!! She was a big girl and she knew it.
I even got a little nervous when we went to Gary's parents to celebrate Father's Day. We were just getting the hang of going potty at home and I thought for sure we were in for a few hours of accidents. Again...Brooke proved us all wrong. Pottying at Grandmas...no problem.
It has been about a week now since we started this journey and she is accident free. We haven't gone to a store yet, but that is next. She will not even put a pull up on if you were to ask her. She is 'totally over' diapers.
Gary and I couldn't be more proud. Who would have thought five years ago that the highlight of my day would be hanging out in the bathroom with my daughter?? Well...it totally is :)
I even got a little nervous when we went to Gary's parents to celebrate Father's Day. We were just getting the hang of going potty at home and I thought for sure we were in for a few hours of accidents. Again...Brooke proved us all wrong. Pottying at Grandmas...no problem.
It has been about a week now since we started this journey and she is accident free. We haven't gone to a store yet, but that is next. She will not even put a pull up on if you were to ask her. She is 'totally over' diapers.
Gary and I couldn't be more proud. Who would have thought five years ago that the highlight of my day would be hanging out in the bathroom with my daughter?? Well...it totally is :)
2 comments:
me and mom kinda think brooke also learned her first curse word too..anyone else think it sounds like she said sH*t?? (didnt want to curse online ;)
totally heard that word too, Maggie! what a potty mouth - pun intended :)
Post a Comment