Tuesday, September 21, 2010

DF

I totally got defriended on facebook.

As I was doing my nightly reading of updates on those people I haven't seen/talked to in 5 minutes, 2 weeks and/or 10 years, I noticed that one person who I had been able to 'check in on' I no longer had access to. What??

It is not a super close friend, but totally an acquaintance. What had I done to offend? Was this a mistake? Do I re-ask for friendship? Or, is that absolutely the pathetic move...

Maybe the real patheticness in all of this was that I actually spent a good ten minutes of my life being concerned with the possibilities of why we were no longer 'friends.' I mean when did we let this social networking rule our lives and create emotions that we would totally not be feeling if we hadn't signed up for this mindless source of entertainment. Don't get me wrong, I am not deleting accounts anytime soon...that would be crazy...but what I am going to do is get over the fact that maybe people I haven't talked to in ten years aren't too interested in my life (or me reading about theirs).

AND..if they are...they can read this blog :)

4 comments:

Unknown said...

are you sure it wasn't Dad? He blames it on "Fat Fingers."

yes, I just called you out on the blog-world Dad.

tom johnson said...

WOW....had nothing to do with Mrs. K Fleming's facebook and I GET BLAMED....not fair...and it still is a good excuse for innocently deleting someone...i knew this 1 comment on KF's blog was you! I still love you both....

Life with Lucy said...

I defriended tons of people! I just figured they probably didn't want to see me put up a million baby pictures! And...some of them have asked to refriend me. They clearly didn't get the hint. I'm sure they were just doing a little friend cleaning and you probably still have another 600 people that will be your friend :)

Maggie said...

waa waaa waaaaaaa