The other night, we headed over to my parents house to hang out for a bit. Right before it was time to head home, Brooke got a second wind. She decided to do an impromptu performance for my parents (a la Mary Jerry Johnson style) complete with song and dance.
She started out with a little Be Our Guest from Beauty and the Beast and finished off with Annie's Tomorrow. Both wonderful choices. My parents, being the musical lovers that they are, decided to chime in as chorus members as their talented grand daughter performed. My only re-gret was not having a camera. Especially when Brooke stopped-mid note-and exclaimed, "Listen, if you don't stop singing, I'm not going to do it anymore."
Silence ensued followed by muffled laughter and maybe a few tears (from me). I mean, seriously??? Is this my daughter?? I would never have a diva moment like this....
Thanks goodness digital camera's didn't exist in the late 80's / early 90's....I have created a monster.
1 comment:
she is SUCH a johnson!
i'm very proud, i think ive even been known to whip out that line every now and then
Post a Comment