We, along with every other person in our state, decided to go to the Zoo on Saturday. I figured we were going to miss the first crowd of people since we didn't hit the road until 3:00. I was totally wrong. We parked about two miles away from the entrance. Thanks goodness for GPS on foot...or we may have been lost forever.
The girls had fun...but, I must say...the animal's on display were pretty poor. I am not sure if it was the weather or that it is just too early in the season. The zookeepers were not ready for the 1000's of people that really wanted to see the giraffes...and I was disappointed. We did get to see TONS of Somali Wild Ass!! Like there were seriously three different exhibits with these guys. How much ass do you think I really want to see?? The good thing about these guys, though, is that they bare a striking resemblance to Donkey from Shrek. That made Brooke extremely happy...until we told her that Shrek was not on exhibit that day.
Side note: If you Google Somali Wild Ass (like so you know how to spell it for your blog) our Zoo pops up first...even before Wikipedia. I mean, are we the only Zoo in the country with these bad boys?? I am sure all the other zoo's are super jealous.
The final highlight of the trip was that....wait for it....I got pooped on. This should come to no surprise to my siblings, parents and those close to me. Whenever I go to an amusement park of any kind....birds always poop on me. I lucked out this time, though, and got hit on the arm vs the usual shirt or hair. Winning!
Did I mention Aunt Tracie was able to join us??
Did I mention Aunt Tracie was able to join us??
2 comments:
ahh look how big miss caroline is getting!!!
and brooke looks like her cute little diva self! love it!!
cant wait to be home in almost 1 week to see everyone!!
great day. great people. Good thing you have baby wipes on hand for potential bird droppings :)
How many times did you laugh to yourself when you were typing about the asses? A lot, I bet.
Post a Comment