It is very rare that I only take one child with me to run errands. This Saturday, I was able to take Brooke, and only Brooke, to the mall to get a little shopping done. Gary and I are headed to Mexico soon and I was hoping to find a few new things. Little did I know I had brought along someone with quite an opinion!
It seems that the new 'style' of shorts fits you comfortably around the waist, but clings to your legs like a pair of biker shorts. I did find a few pairs that appeared to have a more traditionally fit while on the hanger. I decided to give them a try in the fitting room....with my mini-fashionista Brooke.
While I was trying on my clothes, Brooke was immersed in her snack of cereal (that Old Navy was giving away that day at checkout...totally random). I really didn't think she was even paying any attention to me...until I got those shorts on.
Brooke: "Hey mom...does that hurt?"
Me: "Does what hurt Brooke"
Brooke: "Those shorts."
Me: "Why would they hurt?"
Brooke: "Because...they look really tight."
Me: (holding in the laughter..or was it tears?): "Where do they look tight?"
Brooke: "um...on your legs and on your booty!"
Needless to say, the shorts were returned to the shelf.
We met my mom at the mall the next day. I think that she may have been a little nervous about what Brooke would think of her outfit selections! Brooke did decide, though, that she would like to try on everything that mom tries on-why not??!!
| Gorgeous right?? This is why you always carry your camera in your purse :) |
2 comments:
This story makes me appreciate a daughter that isn't able to talk yet :)
note to self: never go shopping with Brooke unless you want a very very honest review...yikes haha
i think she gets her sense of honesty from her Aunt Maggie! what do you think??
Post a Comment