Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Debt Collectors-Take Two

So-it happens again. Someone who had my phone number previously didn't pay their bills and now it is driving ME crazy!! I am not kidding-almost a year ago last February the collectors came calling for Kelly Coragan. This time it was Amanda. Some law office calls my house every. single. day. The automated message asks to speak to Amanda Marks. It says that if you are not her to hang up...which I have happily done 100 times. I mistakenly thought this would send them the message that she does not live at this number-silly me. I finally had it today. They called again and before I let them leave their millionth message on my machine, I called them back....sat on hold for ten minutes...and politely asked them to remove this number from their list as Miss Marks is not a resident. I was prepared to argue, but luckily we didn't have to go there (vs. the Kelly Coragan incident....see Feb. 2009 for details). If they call again, things will be different-I HATE these solicitors!! Amanda Marks-if your out there...your on my list.

Side note-my mom used to be a debt collector. If you have met her...how funny is that?? Can you see her really 'going after someone' for their debt?? Sooo frightening...:)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Mom as a debt collector?!?! amazing. She was probably like, "where's your money, don't lie b/c I HATE LIARS" and gave them the total stink eye that only Mom can do...

I learn something new everday from your blog