Tuesday, April 13, 2010

and the Worst Mom award goes to....

ME.

Today was the day from Hell.

It began at the religious goods store. I needed to pick up a gift and Brooke thought that we were at the the coolest store ever-even better then Target. She couldn't help but want to touch everything-and I mean.everything. There are only so many times that one can say, "Brooke-stop touching Jesus"..."Brooke-Mary is not a toy"..."Seriously, I am not buying the WWJD bracelet-put it back.....ok-I'll buy you one" before you have to just laugh at how you must look to co-shoppers.

The biggest mistake of my day was forgetting my diaper bag. Did you all just gasp? Maybe this wouldn't be too bad if you didn't realize at your first errand stop that your 4.5 month old had a diaper that looked as if it had been submerged in water for five minutes. To top it off, she then moves on to having a huge blow out in soaking wet diaper. Wait...could that be all? No-not for this Worst Mom award winner!! Why not have your 2.5 year old inform you that she too had a dirty diaper!! Luckily, we were at my work when this all went down. Good thing I got a hold of Gary to drop off my bag before he headed into work.

I guess I should have been a little more specific when I asked him to bring my diaper bag to work. It was pretty empty. Those aforementioned dirty diapers...well have you ever used damp paper towels to clean off your kiddos? Don't. I guess he should have checked the wipe supply huh?

Onto Target-my favorite store. The girls were good, until it was time to leave. Caroline was mad...really mad...and when she is mad it only means one thing...chunky monkey wants to eat-Immediately.

Insert situation #3-no bottle in the diaper bag. Luckily the grocery store is nearby and I had just gotten formula at the store. Too bad the store only has cheapo bottles and you know Caroline is a diva. It took a good five minutes to get her to take the $2.00 bottle when she is used to her Dr. Browns! Oh, and did I mention that Brooke was screaming at the top of her lungs for Caroline to PLEASE STOP CRYING the entire time?? All I could do was laugh...I mean, at least she said please right?

Finally we get to our final destination-the bank. As I pull up to take my turn at the ATM I realize I am in our car that currently does not have a working drivers side window. I cannot convey to you how 'thrilled' the people behind me were when I had to get out of the car to use the ATM. You know that I couldn't hit the screen correctly at least seven times making the uncomfortable staring last way too long.

We are finally home and I just cannot wait to tackle the disaster that is my house. Anyone want to come over and help me pack? Anyone know of any wine delivery services?? I am willing to pay top dollar (for the wine)!!

1 comment:

Mary Anne said...

Gosh,Kelly, you sure did have a day filled with excitement, didn't you?:)
Don't worry about the move. I'm lifting weights so I can help you and Gary next week:) As far as needing a bit of wine, I discovered a new wine that tastes just like a chocolate martini! It's called "Chocovine" and it's divine! I'll have some ready for you!