It happened this weekend.
We went to my cousins wedding where I was hoping to take tons of pictures of Brooke dancing with all of her cousins..to share with you all of course.
Well, that is not going to happen. Not because Brooke didn't dance
Oh-she danced, and danced, and danced some more.
The problem? My camera.
I have had the same digital camera for a little over three years. Gary bought it for my birthday before Brooke was born. I was excited! At the time it looked like a pretty BA camera. Now days, it pretty much ranks up their with the disposable cameras of the world (if those are even still around).
As soon as I brought my camera out to start taking pictures...it broke. At first we thought an un-charged battery was the culprit. After re-charging the next day (all day) it was determined that it wasn't just a battery issue, but more of an end-of-life situation.
I was pretty devastated.
Me with out a camera is like me missing an arm-just doesn't feel right ya know? A new one would have to be purchased...and soon.
That was when I realized that this was fate.
My birthday is a mere 9 days from today (in case any of you devoted readers had forgotten).
It was as if my camera knew it was time to 'upgrade' and would do me the favor of crapping out right before my big day so that a new, more amazing camera could fill its shoes.
So-camera pro's out there....help me out.
What to buy...or what to try and convince Gary to buy (one of the few times that I really hope he reads this blog).
I have heard about this girl-The Canon Rebel.

What are your thoughts?
Good, Bad, worth it??
Or, what about this bad boy?
The Canon EOS 30D.
Heard of it? Worth it?

We went to my cousins wedding where I was hoping to take tons of pictures of Brooke dancing with all of her cousins..to share with you all of course.
Well, that is not going to happen. Not because Brooke didn't dance
Oh-she danced, and danced, and danced some more.
The problem? My camera.
I have had the same digital camera for a little over three years. Gary bought it for my birthday before Brooke was born. I was excited! At the time it looked like a pretty BA camera. Now days, it pretty much ranks up their with the disposable cameras of the world (if those are even still around).
As soon as I brought my camera out to start taking pictures...it broke. At first we thought an un-charged battery was the culprit. After re-charging the next day (all day) it was determined that it wasn't just a battery issue, but more of an end-of-life situation.
I was pretty devastated.
Me with out a camera is like me missing an arm-just doesn't feel right ya know? A new one would have to be purchased...and soon.
That was when I realized that this was fate.
My birthday is a mere 9 days from today (in case any of you devoted readers had forgotten).
It was as if my camera knew it was time to 'upgrade' and would do me the favor of crapping out right before my big day so that a new, more amazing camera could fill its shoes.
So-camera pro's out there....help me out.
What to buy...or what to try and convince Gary to buy (one of the few times that I really hope he reads this blog).
I have heard about this girl-The Canon Rebel.

What are your thoughts?
Good, Bad, worth it??
Or, what about this bad boy?
The Canon EOS 30D.
Heard of it? Worth it?

OR, tell me. Is Canon the brand? What about Nikon? I haven't a clue. I know that friends have shared their brands and models with me before, but I don't remember. Share your knowledge!!
4 comments:
Love my Canon Rebel! My bro got his from Sam's.. May be worth it to check pricing there. The only downfall- big& bulky! I tend to not drag it around that often! Happy almost birthday!
I have a Sony and love it. I think it's called Cyber Shot. Remember me at Ruggeri's wedding - BULKY is right. Oh well, you will just look like more of a "Mom" or a tourist. You should embrace it and put the strap around your neck :)
you'll totally look like the paparazzi w/that bulky thing! But, I've heard it takes really good photos!
I have a Nikon D5000 and LOVE it Full disclosure - I've been using it on the auto setting since I'm not even close to being able to work all of the bells and whistles. But I'd done my research when I picked it out and found this one to be top-rated where quality vs. price was concerned. Good luck! DSLRs take GREAT PICS!
Post a Comment