Brooke, Caroline and I met my mom at the mall today for a little last minute shopping and a trip to see Santa. I am an avid non-mall shopper for many reasons. Crowds, food courts, kiosks where people are getting massages in the middle of the day...all major reasons I don't hit up the mall on a weekly basis.
Brooke, on the other hand, LOVES malls. The people, the stores and those kiosks. She finds it all fascinating. She will probably grow up to be a mall kid that wants to 'hang' there with her friends on a Friday night.
Today, though, she was a bit of a shoppers nightmare. Apparently Brooke has a bit of an obsession with high heeled shoes. I knew that she enjoyed walking around the house in a random pair of pumps but I was unaware of the drooling that would ensue when she walked into the shoe department.
It all started out innocently enough. She eyed a pair of glittered stilettos that happened to match her outfit, "perfectly." Since grandma was trying on shoes, she wanted to know if these beauties came in her size. When the salesmen told her no...the tears, yelling and falling to our knees in the middle of the store began. 

Her sharing of emotion continued as we shopped throughout the store. Due to the holiday season being upon us, we couldn't get away from the high heels by simple leaving the department. It was a shoe fetishes dream as every where you turned was the perfect shoe to compliment that holiday outfit. It was a bit embarrassing as employees chuckled listening to the three year old girl cry to her mom that she too wanted high heel shoes. How could they not be in her size when mom said they were big girl shoes and she is a BIG GIRL!!
As we were leaving and I was able to calm her down a bit, she did let me know that she REALLY thought that these were nice and would look good on me. Since we were going to see Santa, she thought I may want to ask for them.
If only I could find the perfect outfit to wear with them...


5 comments:
totally amazing. good thing her godmother loves malls and shopping just as much! Should I switch out her Christmas gift for Christian Louboutin heels? They come pretty cheap (totally j/k) :)
I was hoping to see pics with Santa. Also I was totally surprised to hear that the girls were not scared of Santa.
You should bring her to my work & get her picture taken by the "big shoe"! Phenom story - by the way.
OMG - I look her! That is amazing!! That girl is going to have a shopping problem. I've been mall walking and Lucy loves it. I'm sure I'm creating a monster that will do the exact same thing once she can talk!
Hilarious! LOVE that girl! Your girls are growing soooo fast. I haven't visited in a while and just caught up. Great job Mama. Brookers still gives me her coy smile when I see her at school - I totally love it, makes my day. No more songs though. Sing 'Good Mornin' to her for me, she used to laugh so hard when I sang it! Merry Christmas!
Miss. Laura
Post a Comment