Wednesday, April 30, 2008

just....exhausted...

SERIOUSLY...I am exhausted! This week has been...well...THE WEEK FROM HE**!!
The Fleming family has been so, so busy. We are THIS CLOSE to being finished with the basement (thank goodness) and I am slowly but surely adjusting to my new schedule at work. My sister and I are also doing a 'co-op' of sorts so once a week I get all three kiddos and vs. versa. It is GREAT because I really think that they all do like being together and I also think it is going to make them so much closer as they get older. So today while I was with the little angels, I decided (quite intelligently) that I should take them all for a walk! The day was BEAUTIFUL and why not take full advantage of it while we can-it could be 20 degrees tomorrow right?? My sister has a double stroller so I began the 'process' there. I first loaded up Lily as she would be sitting captain in the front. She was so excited!! Jack went in next to sit in the back seat. He did great getting in, but then was extremely upset when his shoes (crocks) kept coming off (well don't kick them off right??!!) Once I had the brother and sister team in place I went back for the single. Brooke was going to be riding with me-literally on me in a baby carrier. She has only been in one once when she was younger, but she did a pretty good job. Once we got moving, the party started. We had only made it to the first neighbors house when Lily was totally over having socks on-go figure right? It is almost May...I didn't realize that I had lost two socks (and cute ones no less) until we were on our way back-don't worry Amy, I saved them :) We honestly only walked two streets as I couldn't breathe and it was not because I am out of shape (which I am), but I cannot manage almost 17.5 pounds on the front while managing 40 + pounds of stroller-who do women do it!! We got home and I then had to figure out how to get them all inside. Jack hopped off and ran through the door-great I thought-one down. I then had a dilemma, I couldn't pick up Lily with the baby carrier on, so I would have to put Brooke down first. I quickly opened the front door and took off the carrier-it had not been even 10 seconds when Jack FREAKED OUT! He sees that I am taking Brooke out of her carrier, but could still see Lily through the storm door (and I quote)

Jack- "LILY!!" Kwely....LILY!!!"
Me-"Yes, Jack I know-I am not leaving Lily I just have to take Brooke off of me first ok?"
Jack-"NO...LILY!!!"

He finally calmed down when I went to get Lils. Keep in mind, this all lasted under 30 seconds, but he was honestly afraid I was just going to shut that door and leave her outside :)

Ahh...brotherly love...even though Jack does push the girls, step on them and such, he really, really does LOVE the women in his life!! He is too GREAT!

Lastly, I wanted to give a SHOUT OUT to my youngest sister Maggie who has been a source of TREMENDOUS love and support and help with Brooke ever since she was born. She especially has been helpful as of late and I don't know what I would do with out her (and I better figure it out b/c she is headed to Ohio in the Fall...:( Thanks Muggie!! OH-and CONGRATS ON YOUR LAST DAY OF HIGH SCHOOL!!

OK, that wasn't really lastly, because I also want to send a HUGE THANKS to my mom-in law who also has been SO AWESOME since Brooke arrived and especially lately-your the best (I know she is reading this :)!!

No comments: