For all of you Moms & Dads out there-are there any tell tale signs (or old wives tales) that can give you a clue as to when those teeth are going to pop through?? My doctor says that with the two bottom teeth-you don't even really see them coming in until they actually break through. I am more inclined, though, to listen to first hand experience :) Feel free to let me know or to give any advice on how to beat these teething pains!!!
Tuesday, April 29, 2008
Teething...
So, Brooke is TOTALLY teething and is officially MISERABLE! I feel just terrible for her :( She has been doing such a phenomenal job sleeping in her crib 95% of the night up until last night. She woke up at around midnight just screaming in pain...you know how you can tell the difference between an "I'm hungry" cry vs. "I want attention"? Well this was 100% "I"M IN PAIN PEOPLE" cry. We gave her some Motrin but it only helped somewhat. She wanted to cuddle with us and she was waking up (and therefore I was waking up) every 30 minutes. She has been religiously chewing on everything and anything that she can get in her little mouth and the drool is like a faucet...but no teeth yet. Last night-by far-was the worst night in terms of her being in such distress..
For all of you Moms & Dads out there-are there any tell tale signs (or old wives tales) that can give you a clue as to when those teeth are going to pop through?? My doctor says that with the two bottom teeth-you don't even really see them coming in until they actually break through. I am more inclined, though, to listen to first hand experience :) Feel free to let me know or to give any advice on how to beat these teething pains!!!
OK-so even though this picture has NOTHING to do with Brooke teething, isn't it just a funny one of Brooke & Bella? I mean, they will get no closer for a picture together! They both look sooo serious-like, "I only want MY picture take" "I DO NOT want to share the SPOTLIGHT!" Love them both to bits!!
For all of you Moms & Dads out there-are there any tell tale signs (or old wives tales) that can give you a clue as to when those teeth are going to pop through?? My doctor says that with the two bottom teeth-you don't even really see them coming in until they actually break through. I am more inclined, though, to listen to first hand experience :) Feel free to let me know or to give any advice on how to beat these teething pains!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
one word - whiskey
Amy's comment is too funny! My sister asked her pediatrition what she could do too and he actually suggested whiskey in a round about way. He is pretty old, who knows what is going on there! My Grandma used to give my mom whiskey for her colic too! The ultimate cure with no lasting side effect, we should start marketing it as such. Have you tried that baby ora-gel stuff? I haven't used it, I just let poor Lannah suffer...she just got her first molar (but it is only her 5th tooth).
MOLAR!! Poor girl :( How is she holding up?? I need a Lisa blog for daily updates :)
Post a Comment