Tuesday, March 2, 2010

A Little Sister Love

Both Brooke & Caroline have puzzles that are cut out to spell their names. The other day (after removing every article of clothing from Caroline's closet) Brooke brought her sister's puzzle into the family room to play with. A conversation ensued...

Gary: Brooke, that is Caroline's puzzle. You need to put it back and play with your puzzle.

Brooke: I want to play with Carowine's puzzle

Gary: Well, then I think you need to ask Caroline if that is ok with her

(I think that we thought this would end her desire to play with this unopened toy)

Brooke: Ok

She then walked over to her sister who was relaxing in her bouncy chair watching the latest episode of Wow Wow Wubzy.

Brooke: Carowine...can I play with your puzzle?

Insert long pause...

Brooke: OH Carowine...thank you! You are so nice!!

She then proceeded to give her sister a big kiss on the cheek and walk over to me to fill me in.

Brooke: Mom, Carowine is so nice!

Me: Yes, she is! And Brooke, you are so nice for asking her permission to play with her puzzle!

Brooke: I wuv you Carowine! I wuv you mom!

And..off to the puzzle playing she went :)


Sometimes Brooke can be a bit jealous of Caroline, but it is times like these when I just cannot help but smile and LOVE that I have these two little girls that I hope will grow up to be the best of friends :)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

one of my favorite sister stories :)

Lisa said...

So sweet!

ksheehan said...

Too cute!!!! (I didn't realize Caroline could already talk....what a smartie) :)