Monday, March 15, 2010

Mr. Inspector Himself

Talk about a day. I have never been more stressed or had a worse stomach ache. I left the house for the requested 2-3 hours to let Mr. "I" do his thing. Well he did-for 3.5 hours. Is that good, bad, normal? I don't know, but it has me worried. Did I mention that he reprimanded me? Yeah. They had dropped of a radon test Saturday. When I got home from work, there were three door knob signs reminding me that their was a radon test in progress-thanks. Well, try and tell a two year old not to remove those signs. So, I took the paper signs and tossed them. Bad move.

Enter today-Mr. "I" asks me where is signs are. I let him know that my two year old was overly interested in them so I took them off and threw them away. He just stood there staring at me-awkward silence ensued. He then asked me if they were his 'good' ones. What? How the heck would I know! What makes door knob signs nice? They weren't anything special buddy.

Mr Inspector-"Did your daughter rip them?"

Me-"no"

Mr Inspector-"Were they laminated?"

Me-"no, just paper"

Mr Inspector-"Did the trash already get taken away or can you go find them"

Me-"no...it's gone!"

(*Yes, I did still have the trash out in the back but if you seriously think that I am going to go through the garbage and hand over some signs that have been sitting next to dirty diapers in the garbage can you are In.Sane.)

More...and more...and more awkward silence.

Then nothing. He just moved away, thanked me for my time and left. Did I mention that he said that me had some that were home made?

So, I am sure he was really nice regarding our inspection. He and I really didn't hit it off.

I was in the middle of making the kids dinner and giving Gary the dealio on the phone when I noticed that they were all just standing outside the house.....talking....and talking....and Mr. I using lots and lots of hand gestures. Then the agent left. Yet Mr. I stayed to talk....and talk....and talk...and 45 minutes later I could breathe again.

The nerves have sense settled and I think that I will be able to sleep tonight. Tomorrow will bring its own excitement of hearing what needs to be fixed, changed, etc. Wish us luck!

No comments: