Monday, May 10, 2010

Monday Bloody Monday

We received quite the wake-up call this morning. At 1:00 a.m., Brooke let out the loudest scream I had heard in sometime. I assumed it was a bad dream and headed down the hall to calm her down. When I walked in the room, I noticed the the dim light of her nightlight that there was something all over the bed. We have had a middle of the night throw up session before, so I was prepared. I asked her if she had gotten sick and through her tears she told me no. I flipped on the light and was horrified to see blood all over her bed and covering both her hands and entire face. I wanted to yell for Gary to get to her room as fast as he could, but since that would have lead to child #2 waking up I instead ran to our room in a panic to get him. I was afraid she had somehow hit her head, was throwing up blood-who knows what! Luckily, after looking her over head-to-toe, we realized it was a terrible nose bleed. Brooke had been sniffling and with the weather changes that have been going on along with the heater having been turned on Saturday I think it was just a change in humidity that caused it to happen. Not going to lie-it.freaked.me.out. I don't ever want to see my child covered in blood, totally scared not knowing what was going on. Luckily we got it under control in just a few minutes and the hardest part was getting her to fall back asleep once we brought her into our room...she would have rather had us sing, "Spoon Full of Sugar."
Happy Monday :)

2 comments:

Megan and Chris said...

That is so scary! Poor Brooke :(

KEH said...

omg...SO SCARY! i am glad she is ok. i can only imagine all the horrible thoughts that went through your head! poor brooke! hope she is doing better today!