Monday, May 10, 2010

Update

Well, it happened again. I was afraid that Brooke would have another episode at school today and-sure enough-she did. I called the DR b/c I am a worry freak and her teacher told me it was pretty bad and was hard to stop. While waiting for his phone call on a phone that was quickly dying, I decided that I would just show up at the doctors office. Yes, I have become one of those parents who arrives-sans appointment-hoping (expecting) to be seen or at least talk to my doctor. This is just one of the MANY reasons I love our Dr. Joe. He came right out to the waiting room (and you know that means no co-pay!) and put me at ease that it is most likely the air, allergies, etc...that is unless she had some kind of blood disorder....That is what I was afraid to hear. I then let him know of my teeny tiny blood disorder that I have yet to have my girls tested for due to the 'pre-existing' condition issue. He put my worries aside saying that due to the recent bill passing, our kids would not be penalized for having anything pre-existing. He wasn't familiar with Protein S Deficiency, but is going to look into it for us to see if testing Brooke (and Caroline) would really be necessary at this point. I hope not, but he made a great point that knowing anything and everything that is going on with the kids in case of an emergency. So, we will see...hope they don't inherit my awesome ability to over-clot and only my extreme passion of musicals and all things New Jersey (more on that later). We shall see-now, onto enjoy some McDonald's (Brooke's treat for a bad couple of days....and Mom's treat for a fun couple of nights) and a showing of our favorite-Annie. Don't be jealous :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

love me some dr. joe...he is seriously the best EVER

Miss. Laura said...

So glad the good doc set your mind at ease. Sorry if I freaked you out today, Mama! Just worried about your precious one. Give her a hug and a kiss for me tonight. See you all Thursday!

Laura

ps I think I know Dr. Joe. Last name starts with a G?