Thursday, July 8, 2010

A Car Vision

Do you like our new blog look? Me too-kind of retro meets summer right?

Have you met my 'angelic' daughter Brooke? Yes-angelic.

Yesterday while driving home from the shoe store
(insert shameless plug for aunt/uncles store...LAURIES SHOES...huge sale right now...)

Brooke was looking out the window and excitedly told me that she saw Jesus and his two angel friends!! I of course said, "what...where?" She informed me that they were up in the sky and if I parked my car she would show me. Of course I did as she said..wouldn't you? Unfortunately, by the time I had stopped the car she let me know that they were gone. As we continued to drive home, she was sad, "mom, I want to see Jesus and his friends again." This was one request I could not help with. After a few minutes, Brooke was happy again. "There they are mom! And he has a dress on like St. Joseph at home!"

*Side note-I have a headless St. Joseph statue at home (Thanks Brooke) that my mom gave me when we were trying to sell our house**

Visionary or Vivid Imagination(ary)...I'm not sure...either way, she is pretty angelic right?

2 comments:

Lisa said...

That's too cute! Kelly, I'm proud of you for pulling the car over so you could see. And I also love that you fessed up to having a headless St. Joseph statue. Does that help or hinder the power of the statue?

Kelly Fleming said...

Lisa, I find that a headless St. Joseph statue gives him a little more street cred don't you think??

I had to pull over-it was a 'what would Cathy do' moment :)